The College of Dental Surgeons of Alberta (CDSA) carries out its activities and governs the profession of dentists in a manner that protects and serves the public and patients in accordance with the Health Professions Act, and is accomplished by:
- Establishing, maintaining and enforcing standards for registration, and of continuing competence for the profession of Dentists in Alberta
- Establishing, maintaining and enforcing a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, and providing direction to, and regulating the practice of the dental profession
- Acting on a complaint about a dentist by resolving, investigating or referring to a hearing, and enforcing any orders that may be made by a hearing tribunal establishing, monitoring and evaluating professional, clinical, and ethical standards
The College of Dental Surgeons of Alberta (CDSA) registers dentists and ensures that the dental health of Albertans is advanced through safe, available, quality and ethical dental services.
To lead the profession via governance in a manner that protects and serves public interest.
To provide excellence in regulation while upholding the public interest and setting professional standards.
Our Core Values
Integrity Respect Compassion Fairness Transparency
- Quality health services for Albertans that ensures safe, appropriate, and ethical health care in-line with CDSA’s core values.
- Further the trusted relationship between the profession and the public, as well as other stakeholders.
We acknowledge that what we call Alberta is the traditional and ancestral territory of many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people whose footsteps have marked these lands for centuries.