Skip to main content

The CDSA requests that applicants scan and email application forms and supporting documents, including notarized or certified documents to 

For those documents that need to be provided directly from the source (i.e. Transcripts, Certificates of Standing and Letters of Good Standing) they can be received electronically, from the source, to

Note that the CDSA will only be able to accept documents if the scanned images are clear. Documents will be reviewed as received and the registration team will reach out for clarification as needed. Thank you for your patience.

To practice dentistry in Alberta a dentist must be registered with the CDSA. To register, an applicant as a regulated member will:

  1. have a degree of doctor of dental surgery or doctor of dental medicine from a dentistry program approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada or the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association;

    Graduates of non-accredited dental programs would require successful completion of the National Dental Examining Board of Canada equivalency process;

  2. have successfully completed the National Dental Examining Board of Canada written and OSCE examinations and/or the National Dental Examining Board of Canada National Dental Specialty Examination; and

  3. From the date a completed application is received, we can take up to 45 business days to provide you a registration decision.

2024 CDSA Fee Structure